- Performed regression testing of the most recent tag (3.4.6_20200518) of the InCommon Trusted Access Platform (TAP) Shibboleth Identity Provider (IdP) image.
- Updated Enterprise Authentication to tested tag.
- Updates to hyperlinks on Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) user interface.
Release Notes – EID System – uTexas Identity Manager – Version 2020.6.0
* [EID-3411] – RabbitMQ notifications missing utexasEduPersonIsoNumber
On Friday, 5/15/2020, the IAM Team will release uTexas Identity Manager version 2020.5.2 to address a security issue and replace the downloadable EID Remote Upgrade form.
In support of the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Strategy produced by the Information Security Office (ISO), Enterprise Authentication and UT Shibboleth will be configured to enforce multi-factor authentication for current faculty, current staff, current students, future faculty, and future staff regardless of the resource being accessed on June 15, 2020. The Executive Compliance Committee approved the date and approach on April 15, 2020.
Multi-factor authentication provides an additional level of security when using university online services. Cyber-security attacks are on the rise with 20% more university accounts compromised in 2019 as compared to 2018. Additionally, compromised student and guest accounts have risen 51% since 2018. Forecasting from the university’s ISO predicts this growth will only continue without intervention.
More information can be found on the Campus-Wide MFA Implementation project page.
- May 26, 2020 – Canvas and Zoom
- June 15, 2020 – All other applications integrated with Enterprise Authentication and UT Shibboleth.
ITS will begin communicating broadly to campus end users in mid-May.
Application owners should perform analysis and/or testing of their applications to ensure readiness for this change.
If you are an application owner and do not think that your application will be prepared for June 15, you must request a temporary reprieve by submitting an ISO Exception Request.
If you are an application owner and would like assistance in testing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday, 04/22/2020, the IAM Team will release SailPoint IdentityIQ (IIQ) 2020.5.0 to fix a isecurity vulneribility issue and also transition SailPoint IIQ from WPA to SAML configuration.
To learn more about SailPoint IIQ, please visit the SailPoint IIQ service page.