The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Team frequently has exciting job opportunities for experienced IT professionals.
Working at the University
The University of Texas at Austin is a nationally ranked, tier-one research institution and one of the largest employers in central Texas, offering thousands of career opportunities in a wide variety of fields. UT is located in the heart of Austin, a vibrant city that frequently appears on lists of best cities to live and work. Committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce, the university offers competitive salaries and benefits, an extensive support network, and above all, an enriching and highly collaborative community that is deeply passionate about our vision for higher education and public service.
Perks of the Job
UT supports an excellent work-life balance while offering the opportunity to contribute to the success of the university’s teaching, research, and public service mission. Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities enable our employees to balance personal and work obligations. Employees are entitled to generous vacation, sick, and holiday leave, and can earn compensatory time off. UT supports the professional development of our employees, including training and conferences, as well as a staff educational benefit that covers the cost of tuition for one university course per semester. Employees also enjoy a wide range of other perks like free access to Capital Metro bus and rail system, Lynda.com Online Learning, 17 University Libraries, discounts to performing arts and athletic events, and much more.
What You’ll Do
The IAM team implements and supports technologies and methods that improve online security, reliability, and ease of access for the university’s students, faculty, staff, and affiliates. We are in the process of modernizing our services to take advantage of new technologies and improve the user experience. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to build expertise in IAM while contributing to the mission of the university.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for smart problem solvers who are enthusiastic about technical challenges.
As part of a team that is at the center of technological developments and innovation on campus, you:
- Are ready to balance priorities and contribute to multiple efforts.
- Want to provide excellent customer service and develop helpful documentation.
- Are interested in staying on top of technological trends and suggesting tools and techniques to improve processes and the way we work.
- Are excited about learning new technologies along with the team as we modernize IAM at the university.
- Are interested in systems analysis and development as well as integrating 3rd-party software to meet the needs of the university and modernize IAM processes.
- Are not afraid to dig into legacy code when our existing applications need attention.
- Are up for engaging in the full stack development, from system design and planning to code reviews and testing to server-side maintenance and operations.
If that sounds like you, please consider applying for one of our open positions:
More opportunities on the IAM Team may be available. Click here to see other available openings.