|Successful Login Page Requests||99.980%||99.993%|
|TED Connection Availability||99.420%||99.983%|
|Successful WPA Communication||99.420%||100%|
|Successful SAML Requests||99.420%||99.999%|
|Successful Retrieval From Policy Store||99.420%||100%|
Effective October 2019, due to the successful implementation of and customer transition to Enterprise Authentication, reporting of UTLogin metrics has shifted from a weekly basis to a monthly basis.
Historical metrics are archived at Archived UTLogin Stability Metrics.
The UTLogin Stability Roadmap prescribes publicly publishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which reflect the stability of the UTLogin service. The metrics published in this report aim to address the following questions:
- When a login page is requested, does UTLogin provide one?
- KPI #1 – Overall Availability
- KPI #2 – Successful Login Page Requests
- When a user attempts to log in, does UTLogin successfully validate the user’s credentials?
- KPI #3 – TED Connection Availability
- When a user authenticates successfully, does UTLogin return an accurate access policy decision to the system being accessed by the user?
- KPI #4 – Successful WPA Communication
- KPI #5 – Successful SAML Requests
- KPI #6 – Successful Retrieval From Policy Store
KPI #2 – Successful Login Page Requests – This KPI indicates the success rate for displaying the login page when requested.
KPI #3 – TED Connection Availability – UTLogin uses the uTexas Enterprise Directory (TED) to validate user credentials. This KPI indicates the availability of UTLogin’s connection to TED, which has a direct impact on UTLogin’s ability to process user authentications.
KPI #4 – Successful WPA Communication – Web Policy Agents (WPAs) are used by some applications for authentication. WPAs must communicate with UTLogin to operate properly. This KPI indicates the success rate for WPA communication with UTLogin.
KPI #5 – Successful SAML Requests – SAML is an authentication protocol used by some applications for authentication. This KPI indicates the success rate for UTLogin SAML requests.
KPI #6 – Successful Retrieval From Policy Store – UTLogin uses an access policy store to make decisions for access. This KPI indicates the success rate for attempts to retrieve information from the access policy store.