As described in Action 3 (Measure and Report Progress) of the UTLogin Stability Roadmap, weekly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that reflect the stability of UTLogin will be published every Friday.
The metrics published in this report aim to address the following questions:
- When a login page is requested, does UTLogin provide one?
- See KPI #1 Overall availability
- See KPI #2 Successful Login page requests
- When a user attempts to log in, does UTLogin successfully validate the user’s credentials?
- See KPI #3 TED connection availability
- When a user authenticates successfully, does UTLogin return an accurate access policy decision to the system being accessed by the user?
- See KPI #4 Successful WPA communication, KPI #5 Successful SAML requests, and KPI #6 Successful retrieval from policy store
For any questions or feedback about this report, please email email@example.com.
Key Performance Indicators
1. Overall Availability
2. Successful Login page requests
This chart shows the success rate for displaying the login page when requested.
3. TED connection availability
UTLogin uses uTexas Enterprise Directory (TED) to validate user credentials. This chart shows the availability of UTLogin’s connection to TED, which has a direct impact on UTLogin’s ability to process user authentications.
4. Successful WPA communication
Web Policy Agents (WPAs) are used by some applications for authentication. WPAs must communicate with UTLogin to operate properly. This chart indicates the success rate for WPA communication with UTLogin.
5. Successful SAML requests
SAML is an authentication protocol used by some applications for authentication. This chart indicates the success rate for UTLogin SAML requests.
6. Successful retrieval from policy store
UTLogin uses an access policy store to make decisions for access. This chart shows the success rate for attempts to retrieve information from the access policy store.
Last updated on 1/18/2018.